The Greyhound Inn was built around 1650 and, at one time was a staging post for the London to Lincoln stage coach. The Greyhound Inn was given a Georgian front in the 1780's when Sir Gilbert Heathcote transformed the Market Place.The Assembly Rooms ran the Court Quarter Sessions. It has had a varying existance since then being an inn, an antiques show room and laying empty. Extensive damage occured after a fire occured in the roof in 2005. It was subsequently auctioned and is now been turned into luxury flats.